Monday, July 12, 2010

Crafts!

I am falling in love with crafting as of late and have had particular focus on game crafting. As I make new and fantabulous creations, I will post them along with instructions. Unfortunately, the first couple I will be posting (coming soon!!!) are without any pictures other than the finished product but I will be better in the future and try to make the instructions as helpful as possible.

Alongside crafting, I also enjoy looking at other people's crafts. Some of my new favorite sites are:

http://www.spritestitch.com/

This was a site created solely to fill the video game crafting gap. According to the site there were “only video game blogs that posted about crafts and craft blogs that occasionally posted about video games. After seeing a need for a blog dedicated to all areas of video game crafting, Sprite Stitch was born.” There are a ton of posts on all different kinds of video game themed crafts, and while there was an indeed focus on cross-stitching before, now there are all different types of crafting styles.

http://www.geekcrafts.com/

This one isn't quite as focused on video games as Sprite Stitch, it in fact has a variety of geeky crafts. From video games, movies and TV. I love looking through it and they are always looking and adding new content and often seem to have theme weeks and other neat things to look into such as the top ten NES controller crafts.

http://www.instructables.com/

Instructables is a huge DIY site containing many, many, many crafts from simple paper crafts to large time consuming tech nightmare crafts. While not having focus on either video games or geeky stuff in general, there is no doubt that it is absolutely littered with great craft ideas from all walks of life. Also it is a site designed not only to show off great crafts but to show you how they are made. Love it!

As of now I do not have a website I go to for board game crafts specifically. I have seen some great crafts made in that style, in fact the sites above even contain some of them but I have yet to find a site that focuses of board games the same way Sprite Stitch focuses on video games. If you know of one please email me and I will be happy to post it.

One site I am happy to post is:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/

While not themed towards crafts I felt the need to post it here anyways because of the shear joy I get from browsing it. There is a lot of fun info on games no one ever heard of as well as a bazaar section which offers many ways to obtain these games and you can also find many user submitted games that can to downloaded for free on the site such as Zombie Plague add ons (Original Zombie Plague game link: http://www.fortressfigures.com/zombieplague/ More to come on that later).


No comments:

Post a Comment